VISION, MISSION, VALUES
Our vision is to transform the lives of Deaf children in Nicaragua through comprehensive education.
Our mission is to educate Deaf and hard of hearing children using bilingual and bimodal best teaching practices, support families in learning Nicaraguan Sign Language, empower advocates and professionals to support them, and inform the global community about the needs and potential for Deaf/Hard-of-Hearing individuals in Nicaragua.
- Deaf persons have human rights that are universal, indivisible, and interconnected regardless of gender, national or ethnic origin, language or any other status.
- Deaf children have the right to communicate with family members, peers, and other community members
- Deaf individuals have the right to a socio-cultural approach to bilingual education that encourages development and proficiency in both Nicaraguan Sign Language and written Spanish.
- Deaf students have the right to a comprehensive education that is specific to the individual child’s needs for life-long learning.
- Deaf people have the right to participate equally in all areas of personal and public life as independent and productive members of society at their fullest potential.